Collaborators and affiliations
- NF Data Portal: a resource for Neurofibromatosis-related data and publications that was launched as part of the NF Open Science Initiative (NF-OSI) when I was at Sage Bionetworks.
- The Fraenkel Lab: a wet/dry lab with a focus on algorithms to understand epigenetic and transcriptional changes in Type 2 diabetes, neurodegenerative disease and cancer. My home for the past 4 years.
- The Sharp Lab: studying RNA biology and in particular microRNAs. My primary collaboration during my postdoc.
- The breast cancer informatics group at McGill: The new name of the Hallett lab at McGill, where I completed my Masters and PhD degrees.
- Columbia University: Where I received my BA in CS.
- Microsoft: My former employer.
Teaching and Community Building
- Association for Cancer Systems Biologists: an organization I played a role in founding primarily to run the biennial Systems Approaches to Cancer Biology meeting and support early career systems biology researchers in cancer.
- Quantitative Biology Workshop Summary: a course I participated in through development of R and Python modules for the online course (I’m in some of the workshop scenes).
- Quantitative Biology Workshop: The online course containing my modules is currently enrolling students to begin on January 13, 2015!
- The MIT Undergraduate Research Program: This is an excellent program that has funded five undergraduates that I have supervised during my postdoc. So far I have published with two of them, and one has won Second Place for the Znaty-Merck Prize for research by undergraduates in Biological Engineering.
- McGill Systems Biology Workshops: courses such as the “Introduction to R” workshop that I co-taught in 2010. Link is no longer active.
- National Cancer Institute Integrative Cancer Biology Program:This program funded me throughout my postdoc. I co-chaired the 2013 Junior Investigator Meeting and am now planning the Early Stage Investigator Steering committee meeting.
- NIH Postdoctoral Funding: A nice starting point to getting your postdoc funded by the NIH.
- NSERC Postdoctoral funding: To be fair to Canada, here is a list of Canadian postdoctoral fellowships.